Then I came to the last chapter in the book that I have been reading So Long Insecurity and I hit my forehead with the palm of my hand and say, “Duh!”
Here are some statements from the book that stood out to me.
1. Too many people are more afraid of what other people think of them than of what God thinks of them.
2. I believe God not only knows my need and is concerned, but also that He will help me.
3. If we are to live a life of peace and contentment, than we must leave the when and how to God.
4. Worry destroys our hopes and magnifies our fears.
5. [God] is the one person with whom we can share every facet of our lives.
6. He promises to take care of us. Thanksgiving is not optional!
7. Worry is a choice. Choose to praise instead!
Lately, I have been purposefully focusing on the things that I do have, thanking God for all the ways He has provided for me, and then I don’t have as much to worry about!
*Edited: I wrote this while I was facing infertility. This book had a huge impact on me while I struggled with feelings of inadequacy and discontentment. You can read more about my journey with infertility here.