Housekeeping Schedule Cleaning Routine:
Start with daily cleaning chores.
1. Sweep the floors. Honestly, I don’t sweep EVERY day, but I do sweep most days. 2. Do the dishes. Stay on top of the dishes each day. Make it your goal to always go to bed with a clean kitchen. If that sounds hard to do, commit to doing it for one month. By the end of the month it will be a habit! 3. Pick up toys. This is part of our routine each night to keep the toy clutter under control. 4. One load of laundry. The laundry used to pile up all week, but I found the best way to conquer laundry mountain is to do one load each morning. All of these daily habits are pretty simple and don’t take much time to do each day.Spreading out your cleaning chores helps you feel less overwhelmed. Each chore usually only takes about 15-30 minutes once you’ve settled into an easy routine. It also helps to focus on one thing each day, instead of worrying about when you will get it all done. If on Tuesday, you see that your floors need mopped, don’t worry because you know they’ll get mopped later in the week. Doing one chore a day, also helps maintain a clean home. There is always something in my home that is clean whether it’s the floors, the bathrooms, or the dusting. This helps make the home feel cleaner because not everything is a total disaster. 🙂
Add in weekly cleaning tasks.The big tasks that take longer to do and only need done once a week are spread out throughout the week. Here is my weekly cleaning and chores routine. It’s pretty flexible. Some days look different than this, but I try not to do more than one of these on the same day. Monday: Clean Bathrooms Tuesday: Grocery Shopping (I’ve started using Walmart Grocery Pickup, and it saves me SO much time!) Wednesday: Change Sheets Thursday: Dust Friday: Mop, Vacuum Saturday: Catch up or take a break. Sunday: Rest!
Create Your Housekeeping Schedule:
- Do a load of laundry and dishes every day.
- Decide which days you will designate for weekly cleaning tasks.
- Write down all of the chores that you must get done each week.
- Assign a different chore to each day during the week.
Pin it for later!