With fall around the corner, I was in the mood for some “fallish” muffins. These muffins are just right, and I love a muffin with a good topping! Since my son is allergic to eggs, he enjoyed these too.The applesauce takes the place of an egg. If you want to use eggs instead, substitute 1 egg for the applesauce.
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup butter (melted)
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In another bowl mix together applesauce, milk, and melted butter.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until moistened.
- Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
2 tablespoons sugar
1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Brush the tops of the warm muffins with melted butter and dip the tops of the
muffins into the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
I hope you enjoy these muffins!