Welcome to a random post about what’s been happin’ lately!
1. Last week we had a date night. Of course, we went to a Southern Gospel concert. For us date night usually means a concert, we hardly ever go to the movies. We are weird like that. 🙂
Jason Crabb and Canton Junction Quartet were in town and their concert was free. There was even a pre-show outside complete with BBQ. My husband got his picture taken with Matthew Haggee, the tenor singer with Canton Junction and John Haggee’s son.
2. Liz at Sunday’s with Sophie nominated me for a Blogger Recognition Award! She has a daughter a little older than Caleb so it is fun reading her blog and seeing what they are up to. She also shares helpful blogging tips from time to time.
The bloggers who are nominated are asked to share how their blog started. I started my blog in 2011 during a difficult season of my life in order to help me focus on the good. In October 2014, I opened my blog up to the public and have really developed my blog in the last year.
We are also asked to share any advice for new bloggers …. I am honestly the last person to ask blogging advice from! But I would say to be yourself and write about what you are passionate about, create some sort of blogging schedule, and try to build relationships with other bloggers.
3. This past month, I took Caleb to the library a couple of times. He absolutely loved it! And he really enjoys “reading” his books at home.
4. In September, I made it my goal to read at least one book a month. Unglued by Lysa Terkeurst was the first book I read. She wrote about how we as women tend to either explode or stuff our emotions, and then shared how to biblically deal with our emotions. It was so convicting and easy to read.
5. Caleb turned 16 months today, and we can’t get over how much of a little boy he is becoming!
|one of his new funny faces|