An Easy and Inexpensive Way to Cover an Electric Fuse Box
Does anyone else have an electric fuse box in an odd place at their home?
Our fuse box is in the hallway and is visible from the kitchen, dining room, and entrance. Major eyesore.
For the past year I have been trying to figure out how to cover the box up while still keeping it easily accessible (my husband’s only request). I came up with an inexpensive solution!
Here’s What I Did:
1. I bought 2 foam poster boards from Dollar Tree and taped them together using packaging tape.
2. Next, I stapled some scrap fabric to the boards. This fabric was left over from a previous project. It has a similar look to burlap, but much smoother, and it was cheaper than burlap because I found it on clearance at JoAnn’s Fabric Store.
3. Then I shopped my house to decorate the boards. My coffee filter wreath seemed to be just right for the top. So I attached it with a string of twine and some hot glue.
4. I also wrapped twine around the bottom section in a criss-cross pattern with a third section of twine through the “x”. For now leaves are decorating the bottom section, but it will be fun to change them out at Christmas with berries or greenery.
5. To hold the poster board to the fuse box, I hot glued magnets to the back. It works great!