Do you want to know what it takes to have a clean house, supper on the table, and spend quality time with your kids? All of that is possible! Find out how with the FREE Balanced Mom Checklist.
Sometimes you just need some inspiration when it comes to meal ideas for your 1 year old. If you are in a meal time rut, I hope this gives you some great inspiration to try some new meals with your little one!
When my son started eating real food instead of baby food, I was overwhelmed with all the possibilities and worried about what to feed him.
But I was really just over complicating it. I ended up creating a list of go-to toddler food ideas and then picking 2-3 foods from each food category.
That’s what you’ll see in all of these meals. Instead of 2 grains, it might be 1 grain and 1 fruit. I hope this gives you some great inspiration.
If you are a stay at home mom feeling overwhelmed, make sure you grab the Free Blanced Mom Checklist.
Meal Ideas for 1 Year Old
Breakfast Meal Ideas:
1) English muffin and nut butter, applesauce
2) oatmeal with cinnamon and raisins and grapes
3) biscuit with jelly, turkey bacon, and apple slices
4) Nutrigrain bar, yogurt, blueberries
5) scrambled egg, toast, peach slices
6) mini bagel with cream cheese, sliced pear
7) bacon, cinnamon raisin toast, mango
8) French toast, yogurt, strawberries
Breakfast Starch Ideas:
- waffles (with PB or peanut substitute)
- toast (with PB or substitute, avocado, or jelly)
- baked bread (pumpkin, banana)
- muffin (pumkin, blueberry, banana, carrot)
- oatmeal (add cinnamon, brown sugar, honey, fresh fruit, or dried fruit)
- Nutrigrain or breakfast bar
- mini bagel
- cinnamon, raisin bread
Breakfast Protein Ideas:
- scrambled egg
- fried egg
- hard boiled egg
- sausage links or patties
- mini quiche cups
- turkey bacon
- Peanut butter, sunbutter, almond butter on toast or waffle
Breakfast Fruit Ideas:
- apple slices
- mandarin oranges
- pear slices
- grapes (cut in 1/4)
Breakfast Dairy Ideas:
- cream cheese
- yogurt cup
- cup of milk
Lunch Meal Ideas:
1) cheese slices, crackers, strawberries, sweet potatoes
2) mini pizza on bread and cooked broccoli
3) baked beans, roasted potato slices, blueberries
4) grilled cheese, applesauce, cucumber slices
5) PB and banana sandwich, jello, peas
6) ham and cheese roll up sliced like pinwheels, corn, blueberries
7) avocado toast, watermelon, cheese slices
8) roasted chicken, rice, tomato, cheese
Lunch Starch Ideas:
- Pasta (spaghetti, mac n’ cheese)
- potato (mashed, baked, roasted, boiled)
- “pinwheel” – a rolled up wrap that has been sliced
Lunch Fruit Ideas:
- mandarin oranges
- grapes (cut into ¼ pieces)
- apple slices
Lunch Vegetable Ideas:
- green beans
- cauliflower (frozen)
- sweet potato fries or slices
- squash (roasted)
- cucumber slices
Lunch Protein Ideas:
- black beans
- baked beans
- cooked and shredded meat
- lunch meat
- chicken nuggets/tenders
- fish sticks
Lunch Dairy Ideas:
- cottage cheese
- glass of milk
- cheese slices
Dinner Meal Ideas:
1) hummus with cucumber slices and crackers, pear slices
2) rice bowl with cooked carrots, corn, and shredded cheese
3) chicken quesadilla, grapes, roasted green beans
4) chicken pot pie
5) shredded chicken, rice, peas, diced carrots, and shredded cheeses mixed together
6) Mac n cheese, broccoli, pears
7) beef stew with diced potatoes, carrots, and peas
8) quiche with spinach and peppers plus a fruit
It’s super helpful to have a list of toddler friendly foods to refer to.
Instead of digging through the pantry and fridge trying to figure out what to feed your hungry 1 year old, you can easily refer to a printable list of ideas!
Purchase the helpful list here: Feeding Your Toddler Printable.
EXTRA TIPS FOR FEEDING YOUR 1 YEAR OLD:
These divided plates* are durable and the right size for portions!
When we go out to eat, we use this reusable place mat*. It is easy to wipe off.
These short, chubby spoons* are easy for toddlers to hold on to.
Affordable sippy cups that don’t spill are a must have! We love these Take and Toss ones*!
We love these Munchkin bowls* because they are sturdy, dishwasher safe, and perfect for meals and snack time!
Being a mom to a 1 year old means lots of messes, but that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice a clean house!
Be sure to get the Free Balanced Mom Checklist. It’ll show you what to do to balance a clean house, supper on the table, and quality time with your children without going insane.