One of the candies I could always count on my grandmother making at Christmas was English toffee. My mom gave me the recipe several years ago. It is super easy with only a few ingredients, and it’s absolutely delicious!
Scroll to the bottom to print the recipe.
Easy English Toffee Recipe
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1. Butter a 9×9 baking pan.
2. If using pecans, spread them across the bottom of the pan.
3. Heat the sugar and butter on medium heat and stir constantly to combine.
4. Bring sugar and butter mixture to a boil and let boil for 7 minutes.
5. Immediately pour sugar and butter mixture over pecans.
6. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the toffee.
7. With a knife or spatula spread the melted chocolate chips over the top of the toffee. If you are using the chopped pecans, sprinkle them over the melted chocolate.
8. Cool in the refrigerator for an hour.
9. Take it out and break into pieces using a fork.
Store in an airtight container. I like to keep mine in the refrigerator.
Pin it for later!