Valentine’s Day always makes me think of chocolate, and one of my favorite forms of chocolate is Oreos. So in honor of Valentine’s Day and chocolate, I’m sharing my favorite no-bake dessert. It is one of the easiest, most delicious desserts that is perfect to take to a dinner party or to enjoy as a special evening at home. I’ve been making this dish for several years now and it is my go-to recipe whenever I am asked to bring dessert.
I use the store brand cookies rather than the Oreo brand cookies simply because they are cheaper, but you could change up the flavor of the dessert by using one of the different flavor options that Oreo has available!
Seriously, have you seen the Oreo cookie section at your grocery store lately? Pumpkin spice, red velvet, berry, birthday cake, peanut butter, and mint! This recipe would be good with any flavor! You could also try using a different flavor of pudding too. I did use chocolate pudding one time. It was good, but a little too chocolaty even for me! So we like to stick with the plain cookies and cream cookies and vanilla pudding.
*BTW, This post is not sponsored by Oreo. It’s just a great recipe!*
1 package of Oreos
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) of butter
1 1/2 cups of milk
2 (4 serving) vanilla instant pudding
1 8 oz tub of Cool Whip (thawed)
1.Crush 24 cookies using a blender.
2. Melt the butter and add to the crushed cookies.
3. Press the cookie crumb mixture along the bottom and sides of a pie plate.
4. Beat milk and both pudding packages together until thick and smooth.
5. Stir in the cool whip to the pudding. Blend well. Both the color and texture of the pudding will lighten.
6. Crush 12 cookies and fold into the pudding mixture.
7. Spoon the pudding on to the crust and garnish with crushed cookies.
8. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.