If you use your coffee pot on a regular basis, it’s important that it gets deep cleaned on a monthly basis.
You can do this easily with just vinegar and water!
Giving your coffee pot a good cleaning will help your coffee taste better and will keep your pot in good working condition.
Over time all the water in your pot leaves behind mineral residue which builds up and may even clog your coffee pot making it harder to produce your coffee.
Also, since your coffee pot holds moisture inside, it could also produce mold.
I have a Mr. Coffee coffee maker that recommends giving a good vinegar cleaning once every month and a quick rinse and wipe down on a daily basis.
Now, let’s be really honest here.
I try to rinse out the pot after each use, but I only wipe it down about once a week.
However, I’m pretty diligent about cleaning the pot and carafe with vinegar once a month. It’s super simple!
HOW TO CLEAN A COFFEE MAKER WITH VINEGAR.
- Throw away any old coffee grounds and filters.
- Add a new filter to the coffee pot.
- Pour vinegar into the coffee maker reservoir half way. Then add water to the fill line.
- Turn the coffee maker on and run a regular cycle.
- Let the hot water and vinegar solution sit a little while and then, wipe down any stains and mineral build up in the carafe and the interior and exterior of the coffee maker.
- Change the filter once more and add only water to the coffee maker.
- Turn the coffee pot on and run one more cycle of just water.
- Enjoy a clean coffee maker!
If you are interested in even more cleaning, home management, and/or stay at home mom printable, check out my FREE PRINTABLES LIBRARY available to those who subscribe to my email list.
Also, here are some other great kitchen cleaning posts!