In order to make sure your 1 year old baby is eating a balanced diet, you’ll want to make sure he/she is getting a variety of foods throughout the day.
- grains (3 servings)
- dairy (2 servings)
- fruits (1 serving)
- vegetables (1 serving)
- protein (2 servings)
These foods can be eaten at meal times and also snacks. For a complete list of food for 1 year olds in each food category, see this post: 75 food ideas for your 1 year old.
Example Balanced Diet for 1 Year Old
- BREAKFAST: pumpkin muffin and yogurt
- SNACK: strawberries
- LUNCH: chicken tenders, mandarin orange, green beans
- DINNER: pizza, cucumber slices
- BREAKFAST: cheerios and banana
- SNACK: grapes
- LUNCH: rice, black beans, corn mixed together and pear slices
- DINNER: rotisserie chicken, peas and corn, cottage cheese
- BREAKFAST: toast with avocado and sausage link
- SNACK: yogurt
- LUNCH: turkey and cheese sandwich, apple slices
- DINNER: fish sticks, sweet potato fries, strawberries
- BREAKFAST: waffle with PB and mandarin oranges
- SNACK: nutrigrain bar
- LUNCH: pasta with parmesan cheese and cooked veggies (carrots, peas, green beans) and applesauce
- DINNER: meatloaf, baked potato slices, peas
- BREAKFAST: pancake, scrambled egg, and strawberries
- SNACK: mini whole grain bagel with cream cheese
- LUNCH: cheese and bean quesadilla, cooked carrots, and grapes
- DINNER: spaghetti and meatball, steamed broccoli
- BREAKFAST: yogurt parfait with fresh fruit and granola
- SNACK: mango and cheese slice
- LUNCH: hummus and cucumber wrap and pear slices
- DINNER: bean and cheese taco with tomato and avocado
- BREAKFAST: mini quiche, blueberries
- SNACK: half of English muffin with nut butter
- LUNCH. cottage cheese, pineapple, peas
- DINNER: tortellini with pasta sauce, roasted squash
As you plan out what to feed your 1 year old, it’s best to refer to a list of ideas. Otherwise your mind goes blank and you end up getting into a meal time rut!
I created an easy to use resource for you called FEEDING YOUR TODDLER. It is exactly what you need to take the stress out of feeding your 1 year old. You can get it for only $7 on Etsy.
Get your copy of FEEDING YOUR TODDLER today!
Overwhelmed at home? Get ahead on the housework with the free MOTIVATED HOMEMAKER CHECKLIST!
Pin it for later!