I know because I used to feel the same way, but I’ve figured out how to simplify my home management.
Here on Queen of the Household I share what I have learned so you can learn how to keep a tidy home, get the dishes done, the laundry cleaned, and STILL have time to spend with your precious family!
After having my firstborn in 2014, I decided to quit my full time job and become a stay at home mom. It was supposed to be easy. Right?!
Well, it wasn’t!
Most days I was lost, wondering what on earth I was supposed to do, but at the same time I didn’t know how I was going to get it all done.
I was miserable!
Instead of getting myself ready each day, I spent the majority of my days in elastic waist pants and an oversized t-shirt and didn’t put any effort into how I looked. I wondered how all the other moms could get themselves together but I couldn’t.
Then one day I got a glimpse of myself in the mirror and didn’t like what I saw. I literally looked myself in the eye and said out loud,
“Who are you? This has got to stop!”
I knew God didn’t want me to feel this way about the role He had placed me in, and I was so tired of being miserable.
From that day on, I worked on choosing to embrace my role as a homemaker. It took time and intention, but slowly I made changes in my perspective and my habits. I even wrote a post about it here. —> How I Stopped Hating Homemaking
Now I can truly say that I have the BEST job on earth being a homemaker.
I want that for you too!
That’s why I blog here on Queen of the Household. My passion is to share with you how to have a clean and tidy home, how to simplify meal planning, how to spend quality time with your family, and how to embrace your role as mom.
All of that IS possible!
QUICK FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I drink French vanilla creamer with my coffee every. single. day.
- My husband and I met at Chuck E Cheese of all places!
- Before becoming a stay at home mom, I taught full time for 9 years.
- I still have a passion to teach and help others, especially stay at home moms.
- I have 2 children, a boy and a girl, and they are polar opposites!
- Two of my favorite places are Hobby Lobby and Chick Fil A.
- I love organizing and decluttering. My husband does not. 🙂
- I used to be a perfectionistic, people-pleaser.
- Now I settle for “good enough” and lots of grace from Jesus!
- I’m thankful for you and pray for you each day!
I’m so glad you are here, and I don’t think you stumbled here on accident!
So if you are ready to start simplifying your home management, make sure you sign up for your free Balanced Homemaker Workbook to get started right away!
Feel free to contact me at emily@queenofthehousehold(dot)com.