It was for me too.
After having my firstborn in 2014, I decided to quit my full time job and become a stay at home mom. It was supposed to be easy. Right?!
Well, it wasn’t!
Most days I was lost, wondering what on earth I was supposed to do, but at the same time I didn’t know how I was going to get it all done.
I was miserable!
Instead of getting myself ready each day, I spent the majority of my days in elastic waist pants and an oversized t-shirt and didn’t put any effort into how I looked. I wondered how all the other moms could get themselves together but I couldn’t.
Then one day I got a glimpse of myself in the mirror and didn’t like what I saw. I literally looked myself in the eye and said out loud,“Who are you? This has got to stop!”
Right then I put on a cute t-shirt and nice pair of shorts. I put on a little make up and teased my ponytail.
Instantly, I felt better and more motivated!
Ever since that day, I’ve gotten myself ready each morning and learned how to truly embrace my role as a stay at home mom.
Now I can truly say I have the BEST job.
You can Thrive as a Stay at Home Mom Too!
That’s why I blog here on Queen of the Household. My passion is to share with you how to have a clean and tidy home, how to simplify meal planning, how to spend quality time with your family, and how to embrace your role as a stay at home mom.
All of that IS possible!
Be sure to get your free Stay at Home Mom Starter Guide.
QUICK FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I drink French vanilla creamer with my coffee every. single. day.
- My husband and I met at Chuck E. Cheese of all places!
- Before becoming a stay at home mom, I taught full time for 9 years.
- I still have a passion to teach and help others, especially stay at home moms.
- I have 2 children, a boy and a girl, and they are polar opposites!
- My favorite places are Hobby Lobby, Chick Fil A, and the library.
- I love organizing and decluttering. My husband does not. 🙂
- I enjoy being outside, digging in the dirt or going for a walk.
- I used to be a perfectionistic, people-pleaser. Now I settle for “good enough” and lots of grace from Jesus!
- I’m thankful for you and pray for you each day!
Feel free to contact me at emily@queenofthehousehold(dot)com.